ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wobble

renault clio 1.6 rsi
just put spacers on my car and steering seems to wobble after 50 mph why is this
any clues

Black Clio GT
what are the spacers, shitty cheap steal ones??
sounds like its fucked up your balancing.....

renault clio 1.6 rsi
is tht all it could be though dont wanna have to pay for wheels balancing if tht it the problem
coz they were fine before i put the spacers on

Last edited:
Did you give the hubs a good clean/scrub before you put them on? Are they the spacers that bolt to the hub?

Adz

Work van
the wheel could be bent or spacers not put on properly checky everything to make sure it is right and does it pull to one side more than the other ?

ph 2 172
just put spacers on my car and steering seems to wobble after 50 mph why is this
any clues

seriously mate..........take them off clean them, clean the disc where they mount and reinstall...........its things like this that discourage lots of people using them.

btw if they are still wobbling they may be bent? I am a machinist by trade and suggest its more likely abit of sh.t between the spacer and wheel or spacer and disc.

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Are the spacers hubcenrtric?
Id guess not, if not then thats your problem, the wheels arent sitting on the actual hubs just the shoulders of the wheel bolts so are not sitting 'square' on the hub..
Cheap shitty spacers do this, buy some hubcentric ones or ditch the things....