ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel what you got ??

197 F1 / Disco 3
Hi

Needs some ideas , looking to buy a new steering wheel for the 172 , it will be a road legal track car , only being driven to the track and back
Have removed my steering wheel and airbag ready for a new one , however on looking around there are a huge amount of different sizes , materials and offsets , flat deep etc

What have you got and how big ?? Lol that sounds weird but you know what I mean

Jim

had an omp GP 330mm and found it horrible, changed to a 350mm omp WRC and love it
66e6d1460a81c0b6487674538ee9cd03_zpsbgoyppyc.jpg

Renault Clio 172
Mcgill motorsport on ebay sell 330mm suede wheels with a 3" dish so you can get a much better driving position, they only cost about 38 quid too

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@Fletcher What spacer/boss are you using? Looks like it brings the wheel a bit closer to you which is what I'd be looking for. Still reach the stalks ok?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ok cool. Do you know what boss I'd need, I assume omp or similar? Spoke to the company and they seemed really helpful. Which one have you got?

Renault Clio 172
You might be better with a momo boss mate as ive read that omp ones are harder to fit the cruise control wiring through, ive got omp one on mine and it fit fine and does self cancel the indicators despit what people say, i dont have cruise though as its a cup