ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Squib - Possible to break by Turning Steering wheel

Clio 01 Dyn
I am wondering if it would be possible to snap the steering wheel squib cable, by basically just turning the steering wheel too many times? I replaced my steering rack on Sunday and im thinking that the steering wheel may have been subject to a few extra turns while the column was disconnected, as the air bag and serv light decided to come on.

​Thanks for any advice.

Clio 01 Dyn
OK, my next question - Can this just throw out the AirBag? or will the horn etc go with it, as the horn and stalks are working as normal?

clio 172 phs 1
All the cable does it send the airbag signal, so basically yes, the airbag light will stay on and if your involved in an accident the airbag won't go off.

Clio 01 Dyn
Thanks mate. That clears that issue up. of with the steering wheel some night this week then lol. I take it, it is easier to replace the full stalk rather than individual cables

clio 172 phs 1
You can't buy the cable on it's own, you buy the "rotary switch" and just swap over the stalks(indicator and wiper stalks) as they don't come with the rotary switch.

Black Gold Trophy
I doubt you've broken the squib, it's more than likely one of the airbag connections under the seat.