ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel sensor ring and ABS not working.HELP!!

Titanium 182
Evening all,been out to fit a new steering wheel on the 182 and had a disaster,fecked up the sensor ring or whatever it's called.

The ESP light doesn't bother me that much for the moment but the ABS light is also on and after a quick run it's clear that the ABS isn't working.

Anyone had similar problems?

All was fine earlier before removing the standard wheel,it's now back on for the moment as the boss I bought doesn't fit properly as it's a ph1 so I'm assuming they are different.Think that's how we managed to knock the sensor ring of.

Hope I don't get into bother posting this in here
:clown:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If you need a spare angle sensor to try, i have one going cheap as i have no use for it mate

Titanium 182
How much is cheap Austin? Looks like i'm going to need one anyway

Is it just a case of fit a new one or does it have to go to Renault to be set or anything?

Titanium 182
Have you set it up correctly?

We thought we did yes,marked it and made sure it was exactly where we had marked before fitting the new wheel.Due to the boss being wrong it was missing the knob on each side that goes in through the ring.I think anyway.

Looks like when I turned the wheel the sensors not been turning properly,very hard to explain actually.

I'm going to take the standard wheel off again in the morning and see if I can see any obvious problems.

It's the ABS that bothers me most though,not sure how it's connected.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Make sure the wheels are straight when you refit the sensor, turn the sensor till it goes yellow, once it turns yellow, give it another half turn and put back together and try it, if that doesnt work then you will need a new sensor unfortunatly :( had this problem with a mates car i did