ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel position.

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
This is a cross post from the Trophy site,,,
Im wondering if this is possible.
I have a Clio Trophy with a standard steering wheel.
As im tall,, 6ft5" with long legs, and sit a fair way back in the car, I need the wheel spaced out from the dash.
I realise the steering wheel is adjustable for rake, up and down, but not for distance, in or out.
Has anybody done a modification which allows the wheel to be farther out from the dash.
I dont realy want to fit a aftermarket wheel as itl loose the stereo and cruise buttons...
Thanks.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Aftermarket is the only real way.

You won't lose stereo controls (they are on the indicator stalk) and some people have modified CC with aftermarket wheels.

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
Thanks for the help.
If any of you know how the CC mod works, or links to post on how to do it, ide be greatefull.
Also, Loz H , if you could find the info on the spacer itd help too...

I like the look of the Sabelt RSport wheel, but not too keen on the blue top section...
Also , i hadnt wanted to spend that sort of £££ on the mod...

Titanium 182
Im sure I saw a steering wheel spacer in the for sale section the other day, not sure if its still there

Nine468

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy,BMW X5,
Most steering spacers are for aftermarket wheels.
It seems looking at pictures that the standard wheel is located by a spigot type of attachment, which would make getting a spacer difficult...
Unless its a spigot to spigot adaptor.
Most are spigot to bolt adaptors..

Sargara.
Thanks for that link..
That JUST the thing im after......

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Glad I could help. But please make sure you PM him dont just post in his topic, looking at his profile: "Last Activity: 27-06-2014 10:44" he wont see any reply you put.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
A 197 sits a fair bit closer to the driver. Big improvement.

FF61E4D6-41BC-4E17-9D46-19277FD0012A_zpsahs94g9k.jpg