ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel melt, replace or re cover?

Cupped 182 with Milltek
Like many of you my 182 has a melted steering wheel, it has been like this from 12k miles! I do not hold out any hope of Renault accepting any responsibility for this.Consequently I am faced with 3 options! Do I replace the wheel with a new renault item ( expect that will be prohibitively expensive) find someone who can re-cover the wheel in real leather! or fit an after market wheel which leaves me without all my steering wheel mounted toys? Has anyone else taken the bull by the horns and done any of these.
Please let me know your experiences,pros and cons of each...
Car is now 5 years old, 38k miles,still a joy to drive.Last Renault I will buy though.not impressed by the attitudes of Manufacturer or dealers. Car will simply be a 2nd car.Shame when manufacturers are striving to convince us that they are all making giant strides in "quality" that when they are found out they simply revert to type."Not us mate that's your problem, thanks for the large amount of cash though!"

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
DSC06931.jpg

swap it mate, much more fun and looks loads better, and get rid of the ariva bus wheel renault bought for the sports, i never uswd the cc anyway so havnt lost anythog realy, well apart from the airbag lol