ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel hanging to left slightly

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Had my car tracked recently, 4 wheel alignment, cost me £43. Before the tracking the steering wheel 'sagged' to the left a little, after tracking it still does this. The cars been returned to the tracking place and was re-done. Are the garage just fobbing me off or is it normal for Clios? He said his Clio does it too. It's not a lot, but bit annoying on the motorway etc.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I've had mine tracked a few times, you can make the steeringwheel dead Center.

They had to get a guy to sit in my car to hold it central. As the other places tried a holder and the outcome was off to the left

When the lower steering column was replaced on my twingo I had the same problem. The column has a spline on either end, and requires adjusting otherwise the car might drive straight but the wheel was pissed to the left.

S4 Avant
The tracking centre should have a few clamps to hold the steering wheel and brake pedal when doing the tracking. Otherwise you end up with it off centre. My guess is they couldn't be arsed.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The garage I use actually take it there as they don't do tracking, they took it back as they weren't happy that the wheel wasn't straight. 3rd time lucky eh! They did use clamps supposedly.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
They said they've checked, but its all been replaced in last year. Pretty much all suspension and steering parts too.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Took mine to demon tweeks, was same, was way out! When I took it back they said "Oh didn't know you wanted the wheel straight to"

WTF.