ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel gone off center

182 (Conversion)
Hey guys.

Car's p****ng me off atm. I've been having clunking noises occasionaly comming from the front near side, on pot holes and turning into the drive etc. I didn't think too much of it (one to the list of things to check) until one day I pulled out the drive, it clunked...drove off and when on the main road I realised that the steering wheel had gone from perfectly aligned to almost 40 degrees off. Something also felt wrong.

Got it up in the air, knocking was much worse getting it back home, and noticed that the FNS bush/bolt that goes from the anti-rollbar to the wishbone was perished and needed replacing. So went and got a new one and after a lot of cursing fitted it.

Knocking is just as bad (worryingly sounds like somethings about to break, fall off etc) and obviously the wheel is still off center. Also there's no real reason why that should move the wheel.

Everything else "appeared" solid and I couldn't move anything or see any signs of why it should happen. Car didn't get curbed or hit anything btw.

Really strange why this should happen. Oh car is a '54 182 with PAS removed.

Any help this is depressing. Thanks