ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel clock spring help!

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, I have recently got a stock wheel re-trimmed to fit in my R27 (which I really need to start a thread on by the way!) to replace the aftermarket one that is currently in it. However on inspection it appears the previous owner removed the old one with a hammer and a machete, and has destroyed the clock spring/rotary coupler completely. Which is excellent.

My question is, I have found one second hand which comes complete with stalks, which is less than half the price of a new one from Renault. As far as I can tell it came out of a fully loaded model (Presumably a 200 or a Dynamique) with Cruise Control, Auto lights and wipers, and the in built phone control. Mine has all of these things bar the phone system, so will the clock spring be compatible? I will obviously swap the stalks over so I am not left with the redundant extra buttons.

I am pretty sure it will be but can any of you lovely chappies confirm before I drop my hard earned shillings on a lost cause??

Thanks a lot!

Rob

172 Race Car
I can't help with your question but I've always called it a clock spring. On here/Renault call it a squib

that might help you get an answer

Thanks Jay, they seem to have a host of different names, at work we are supposed to call them rotary couplings or couplers, but for some reason I have always known them as clock springs!

I would edit the title for clarity but I don't seem to have the option to :(