ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel cable?

RS182 Full Fat
my horn stopped working.. i asked garage to have a quick look at it last time my car was with them but i didn't give them time to fix it. They said a cheap fix would be to wire a horn on a simple toggle switch. They said to fix properly it needed a special cable/lead which would be expensive from a dealer (although i don't remember exactly what that is). What ever it is i think they left it disconnected when they inspected the horn as the cruise control doesn't work now either. I am sure they would sort that if i took it back. But i was hoping somebody might know what this cable is they mentioned so i can look for one on ebay or ask on the forum. Any ideas?
Thanks for any help as always.

RS182 Full Fat
oh i see. contact real not really a lead. its like pat of the steering wheel? I removed the airbag and steering column cowling today to check that all plugs were in correctly. Nothing was loose or obvisously wrong. I wander how much trickier it would be to replace the contact reel?

Everything works other than the horn and cruise control/speed limiter. I liked y cruise control when it was working :(