ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wandering on 182

Renault Clio 182
PLEASE HELP!!

My 182 has had a problem for about 6 months, the car seems to wander across the road both ways, feels a bit like torque steer when your not accelerating if that maes sense! Had 4 wheel alignment carried out, this made the car drive in a straight line but it still wanders!

Anyone else suffered a similar fault?

Thanks

Clio 182 Titanium
no but you could try holding the steering wheel whilst driving, that always helps.

can you scan the 4wheel alignment results in?
what did they show?

rear beam ever been off? looks central?...check gaps each side of wheel arches ..

Focus RS + S3
ive found this, but its on the same parts of road i drive daily, tracks in the road uneven surfaces etc will cause the car to steer itself

I bought my car from a Renault dealer and they'd fitted some kinda cheapo tyres on the front. They were fine at first but when they started to wear (which they they did at a fast rate) the car started to follow the contours of the road, particularly when the fronts were under the most load. Decent new tyres pretty much cured it, although it still does it to an extent.

Just a thought.

RB FF 182
I bought my car from a Renault dealer and they'd fitted some kinda cheapo tyres on the front. They were fine at first but when they started to wear (which they they did at a fast rate) the car started to follow the contours of the road, particularly when the fronts were under the most load. Decent new tyres pretty much cured it, although it still does it to an extent.

Just a thought.

Same here. Get some decent tyres and it should sort it.

Twitchy cars though. Mine still has the odd spaz attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you've got branded tyres all round it may be worth swapping the fronts and rears just to see if that has an effect, it did for me when my front Eagle F1's had started to wear (and obviously adjust pressures to suite - I haven't checked mine since the weather got really cold so they probably need more air in them.)

PH1 iceburg
Have you uprated the springs?

Sounds like tramlining, mine would do it like a mo fo when i had coilovers and very low. It would literally wrench the stering wheel form my hands lol.