ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Trouble

Ford Focus ST
I have a 172 cup, in the past week i have noticed that the steering is feeling abit different than usual. The steering seems to be not as direct anymore, like there is a dead spot, very vague, i really have to turn the steering wheel quite abit to get it to turn at least 20 degrees. I have also noticed now, if i floor it reaching about 6000rpm there is a strange vibration through the front of the car, cant find out where it is coming from exactly.

I have had a new lower ball joint fitted last weekend with a 4 wheel tracking including full geometry of the car, had this done twice. I have put tyre pressure to 33psi in the front and 31psi on the rear. Power steering pump seems fine and working properly, have full powersteering fluid with right fluid. I have taken it to 2 garages, they test drove the car and they say that the car is fine but i know something is not. The steering wheel is slightly off to the left when driving in a straight line, i took it back to the place where i had my tracking done and they cant get it straight.

I dont really know what else to do now. I know the things to check, ball joints, track rod ends, steering rack, steering column, universal joint, got the 1 garage to check it but i dont think he checked everything.

If someone could give me some pointers it will be much appreciated.

I've heard of steering wheels slightly off centre can be caused by tracking/wheel alignment that aint done correctly.

Is thre anywhere else that you could take the car to get it done ?