ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Trouble! Help!!!

Megane 225
About a week ago I noticed the steering in my 172 was a bit heavy. Now when I drive it sometimes it's heavy and other times it's normal. Anyone any ideas wot this cud be? Possibly pump?

Thanks, Stuart

Is your AUX belt loose or due a change?

(although should also show up as a alternator /battery light warning if it were)

Audi TT 225
Check you have enough pas fluid for starters.

Does the pump make any noises?

I was suffering with heavy steering, then the pas pump was making a straining noise, then the shaft popped out and took out the aux belt... :S

Megane 225
Belt was changed a few months ago. Mite it be the pump or rack? Altough I wud've expected it to be all the time if it was!

Megane 225
Check you have enough pas fluid for starters.

Does the pump make any noises?

I was suffering with heavy steering, then the pas pump was making a straining noise, then the shaft popped out and took out the aux belt... :S

I think I mite leave it in and get it looked at! Don't want anything breaking again!

Audi TT 225
Start the engine, turn the wheel and listen to the pump see if its loud or making any odd noises.

Have you checked the fluid?

Megane 225
Fluids fine and there aint any weird noises, that's y I'm stumped! Is there something that controls the variable power steering? Maybe it's playing up!