ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering shaking, advice needed!!

hi, ive just had some 15" alloys fitted to my car with 195-45-15 tyres, they have been balanced, hade tracking done and ive also checked the ball joints and tracking rod ends. every time i go over 60 miles an hour the steering wheel starts to shake, anybody know whats goin on?????

Get the tracking done by someone decient most places don't do it right. Bets places IMo are usually small back street garages.
Also check wheel nuts are tight.

Chocolate Bar™
just had this problem with my car. had it all the way up the speedo, but at 80mph+ you could barely hold the steering wheel.

the tyre pressures were out, the tyres were shot from not being tracked, and the car needed tracking. add to that all the wheels needed rebalancing and you can see where the problems came from.

sorted all the above at a garage that knew their arse from their elbow and its a million times better :D