ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Hi All,

I need a new steering rack for my 52 plate 172 Cup. Where would everyone recommend to get one from?? Euro Car Parts is £232.80 with a surcharge on so totals 160 odd once returning mine.

​Any help much appreciated

182 ff
I had to get a new rack,i wouldnt by a europart one, for mine (182) its a smi one, Renault used a few types, so check the stamp or a label on yours.
they are all reconditioned,as new ones cost loads.
I paid £326 for mine I think,but you get 2 new track rod ends with that.
call west Renault on here,for advice and costs.
seen some on ebay but u don't no what your buying,least Renaults are guaranteed.
fitting cost is about 3 hours.

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
My rack is making a horrendous noise. I've had it up on an MOT ramp and had it looked at. Creaks and moans and groans. I've looked at loads if threads on here and seen all the usually suspects. My mechanic is saying it's rack....he is family and will be me and him fitting the new rack. I keep hearing Adam at the Wolverhampton Renault is good for parts so maybe a call to him tomorrow is on the cards. Are the different steering racks specific to models?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine seems to be making a slight knocking noise when im stationary and i turn the wheel side to side. Its fine when moving though!

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Yep pretty similar to mine although parking in a space in public is rather embarrassing as it makes a fair amount of noise and sounds like it will fall apart. Get it up in the air noises stop. Rack seems relatively inexpensive and fitting (fingers crossed) not to difficult.

clio cup 172
Mines doing the same,creaking when u steer when stationary and when breaking to a slow stop,thanks for the help guys,looks like I need a new steering rack lol

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Think i am going to chance it and get my rack from GSF seems the cheapest option and has 10% off it also!! Think it was around £177 with the £60 surcharge on.