ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering rack

titanium 182
After an extremely long saga with renault, this is the summary:
My car's steering is very twitchy and the cars pulls to the left.
Renault tell me there's nothing wrong.
There is play in the steering rack and they tell me this is normal!?!
Anyone got any advice as to what I should do next?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
there shouldnt be play in the rack so get a 2nd opinion.

have you tried swapping the front wheels over?

CB600FS
Play in the rack itself is rare.

Had you bumped the kerb or anything, check simple stuff like tyre pressures etc. Worth getting the tracking checked

titanium 182
had the tracking checked - it is spot on tyre pressure spot on etc
renault just trying to wash their hand of it I think - will go to a different dealership tomorrow and ask their opinion.
My other half is a mechanic and he is seriously concerned as he too says there should be no play but renault mechanics (including a mate of ours!) are saying the amount of play is normal - and are saying there is nothing wrong with the car even though it is still twitchy and pulling to the left!

When I first got my 182 nearly 3 years ago I had loads of play in the steering wheel so I took it to renault they said there was nothing wrong with so I got a second opinion from a local garage who said straight away that the universal joint (uj) was knackered so took it back to renault and explained all this they then had another look and agreed that, that was what the problem was!! Absolute joke the car was brand new and its meant to have a pre delivery check!!!

My advice get another opinion!

Rob.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
had the tracking checked - it is spot on tyre pressure spot on etc
renault just trying to wash their hand of it I think - will go to a different dealership tomorrow and ask their opinion.
My other half is a mechanic and he is seriously concerned as he too says there should be no play but renault mechanics (including a mate of ours!) are saying the amount of play is normal - and are saying there is nothing wrong with the car even though it is still twitchy and pulling to the left!

^^^^I would definately take it to another dealer.