ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack Leak - SMI Racks No Longer Supplied! :(

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

The steering rack on my 182 (FF) has leaked at some point (not sure if it's still leaking as I've only owned the car 3 weeks) and also has a little bit of play. For peace of mind, I was going to replace it. Today I contacted Paul at Renault Parts Direct who has told me that the SMI rack is no longer supplied!

Looking at the photo below, do you know what this leak may be and if there's anything that I can do to fix it?

To sort out the play, I'm guessing I can replace the inner tie rod on the side with play (I'll probably end up doing both sides).

Alternatively, any ideas on getting hold of a new rack?

Thanks!

Ed

bq1b9ml.jpg

So Renault are no longer making the racks?

I don't understand why they don't support their older models with a strong consumer base - getting parts for Valvers and Williams is a massive PITA now, and it looks like the 1x2s are next in line...

(Sorry, no help for your problem!)