ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack Guide

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to change my steering rack this weekend,i have access to a ramp and tools so thats half the battle done rather than on the ground.I have done a search and cant find much on this topic,so has anyone got a guide or any help on how to change the steering rack please?.its for a 172 cup if that makes any difference.

(sorry if in the wrong section)

dan's cast offs.
stubby spanners, bit of swearing and take drivers side shaft out, hub and strut off, only takes five minutes but gives you so much more room.

dan's cast offs.
yeah, just pulls off the diff. drop hose off the pump and drain that as well to get rid of all the old fluid.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I would drop the subframe at the rear and loosen front bolts, undo the pinch bolt to column from drivers side arch first, then when its down get to the hoses with a stubby spanner.