ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack İssue

clio rs 2000
for a while i have a steering rack issue. we found that thereis clearence in the pinion shaft in it.
under the rack there is a bolt sometimes i tighten the bolt and the clearence goes a little while the steering become a little hard
but its time to change the rack some mechanics fix the rack by welding but i dont want this
i found that the manifacturer is TRW but unfortunattly they finish making that product
in renault the part is very expensive but in TRW racks are almost 1/4 of it

some of them says i can also use some other racks in renault but i cant find an exact part number

does anybody know which rack is also compatible to ph1 172
i know the steering is opposite in uk but if i can get a model or reference i can match it to here

172 ph1
Besides TRW there were 2 other makes of racks for the ph1 172, you might also consider going to a car parts dealer for a reconditioned rack on exchange basis - you buy a reconditioned rack, fit it, return your old rack and get some money back