ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering on full lock issue :(

Clio 182 Trophy
When anybody has the steering on full lock, do they have an issue with it feeling like the front wheels are slipping?? Its really starting to bug me as i dont know if its a problem with suspension or anything...help

clio trophy No56
This happens on my Trophy also, not sure what it is but its done it since i bought at the begining of Feb this year, i was actually going to ask on Trophy site 2nite but the new topic button isnt playing.
My suspension look fine and i recently replaced the suspension arms and ball joints so dont think its anything to be concerned about.
Possibly just due to the was the Trophy is set up, i.e. the suspension and wheel camber. I hope anyway..

yeah mate I get this too, almost like a scrubbing feeling, I strongly suspect the wheels lean differently and move slightly out of alignment when on full lock

BMW 320d SE
Yeah mine does this too, but only in wet or slippery conditions. It does feel like one of the tyres is skidding across the tarmac. It's a bit bizarre but nothing to worry about.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ive been thinking the exact same thing recently with all the wet leaves and that about much just be lack of grip or something

Ive not had my car long, but this was something I noticed too when bay parking! As you say, it felt as if one of the wheels was slipping, and there was a faint knocking noise (or at least thats what it sounded like!) too, which I assume is related.

Dirty E91
I think it's to do with the suspension top mounts, cured by adding a washer. Do a search i'm sure there was thread and a guide on it.

Nippy white cup
Spooky! Nics 182 has be doing this for a while...sounds really bad and the car jolts a bit when doing it. I live on a really sttep hill and when pulling out onto the street for a parking space it seems to slip then grip when on full lock...at least we know what it is now!

Chris

Whytes

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yep mine does this too when pulling out of me parking space.theres nothing wrong. Its something to do with the diff, they don't like turning when on full lock. Me dad works as a subaru mechanic he says the imprezas do it a lot when he moves them round the work shop on full lock.

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
mine does this to!!! its been bugging me for so long, got the anti roll bar links replaced today because they were brocken and it was still doing it. So its a common thing then?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
mine does this to!!! its been bugging me for so long, got the anti roll bar links replaced today because they were brocken and it was still doing it. So its a common thing then?

yeah it is

get on of freds washers on it ;)

C

Cupster

Yep, same here. Even after having the full lock knock repaired.

Another Renault 'feature' tbh!

182cup & 172 racecar
We have now started to talk about two different things,knocking sound is fixed by Freds washer thingy.
The scrubbing is normal as mine does this also,notice it on full lock esp in carparks

Lionel Richie
if you can all start donating money into my paypal account as a thankyou that would be great, xmas beer fund is looking a bit bleak! hahaha

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine does this , but only when the tyres are cold like when i've just taken the car out of the garage .

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
ok so it seems you have your answer. . . . . . they all do it and thats just the way it is!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Mine does this , but only when the tyres are cold like when i've just taken the car out of the garage .

Exactly how mine is, Cold Tyres and Cold Surface and Full Lock = Jumpy, Slippy Knock Syndrome

Black Gold Trophy
Think it's probably something to do with the suspension setup, the steering will use the ackerman principle (look it up if you dont know what it means) added with a bit of toe out, a low speed full lock turn will cause one of the wheels to slip.
Mine does it too, especially in reverse!

fad

Clio 182 FF
Jut came accross this thread and mines developed this in the last couple of weeks, never did it before and with working in London I do a lot of lock to lock parking manuvers.

Almost feels like the wheels are slipping away under the car!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Think there must be about 5 threads on this now lol. It's NORMAL! All 5 of my 1*2's have done this.

200 Gordini
Yes, i understand the knocking is but i'm asking about the creaking?

I've heard a bit of a creak while driving too

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Used to get that on my 182 (from the rear), no idea why, never caused a problem of affected handling, so just left it.

200 Gordini
Yeah i have, they're not wet or anything, haven't got round to taking them off and trying to compress them, TBH i'm waiting to get my springs then i have to take them off anyway

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd make sure they are ok before doing the springs. If there's an issue, and you're spending the money on springs and new dampers, might as well upgrade at the same time.

200 Gordini
If there is a problem i'd probably look into coilovers. Going to have to check after christmas though, deffo before new year