ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Light at high Speeds & Understeer

Clio 197 R27 Albi
My steering goes really light when giving it some. Anything over 80Mph even on M roads round bends dosnt feel nice. I have KTec coilys and some terrible tyres on the front but would they really be making that much of a difference?

Anything I can do? Camber, Tyre PSI? Lower Coilys more? New Tyres?

Any expect person with lots of handling knowledge and track experience would be good.

Looking to get on the track this summer too so handling needs to be spot on.

Idea's and experience please guys.

Thanks

Clio Sport 172 ITB
tyres make a lot of diffrence!! thats one part of the car ppl take for granted some times! get yourself a decent tyres before even looking at going on track!

when was the last time you had the car re aligned on a 4 wheel alignment machine? i get mine done every 3 months at the moment. 1.5 deg negative camber and 20 deg toe out. find the car handles nice with them settings.

Dodgy one
Too much toe out and camber can cause it, I have my toe set neutral and a shade over -1 camber,

Lowering your car more without having the alignment sorted will cause it to toe out and dial in more negative camber, Once i fitted my Coilovers drove and felt like a bag of s**t on the way to get it set up

Clio 197 R27 Albi
tyres make a lot of diffrence!! thats one part of the car ppl take for granted some times! get yourself a decent tyres before even looking at going on track!

when was the last time you had the car re aligned on a 4 wheel alignment machine? i get mine done every 3 months at the moment. 1.5 deg negative camber and 20 deg toe out. find the car handles nice with them settings.

Umm Never tbh. Cars been off the road for a while. Everythings probs out. Do I need camber bolts for the front?

Yeah hoping to find my self some turni white rims and new rubber soon. Just ordered a KTEC Ultra Performance Zorst as old one just about fell off