ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Column Top Bearing

SQ5
So my steering wheel had movement up and down, turns out it the bearing as all the little ball bearings have fallen out.

I've taken off the bracket that holds it to the frame and houses the ignition barrel. This also houses the bearing.

Now I have a part on the steering column which could be part of the bearing and needs to be removed.

Does anybody have a photo of a column without this massive bracket/housing on? I've googled and googled and all have the big bracket on.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Is the bearing meant to be attached to the column or the big adjustable bracket that comes off it in the top of the collar?
Without having a good one and a fucked one sat side by side I can't say mate. @MarcR™ may be able to post up an image of the steering column off the parts system though? This may help to see it slightly clearer.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Hi Marc

Ph2 172 LD02 BPV if any help

Taken from a rack which is a SMI rack

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 21.35.13.png

SQ5
Interesting, so I'm guessing I shouldn't of been able to pull that whole bracket off of the rack, but could because bearing was bust.

I'll get a whole, new column then, I thought I could just swap the big bulky bit.

Cheers