ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering adjustment help

1.2 2003 clio
Hi guys I was just wondering if there is any way of improving my steering response. I have just put coilovers on my mk2 1.2 and I am very pleased with the way it corners. My only issue is that I am finding I have to turn the wheel further than I used to to corner. Is there any way to sort this issue out or is it something I'm going to just have to get used to??

1.2 2003 clio
Not yet, I need a full alignment doing to it as the steering wheel is slightly off centre but it was like that before the coilovers.

Is it something normal to be steering a considerable bit more after lowering even by the small amount that mine has?? (20mm)

1.2 2003 clio
Been driving about today, I think it's just the different feel of the car that I need to get used to. A full alignment should also help things I would presume.

LY FF182
Your tracking will be miles out, and the reason you're turning the wheel more is because the tracking is so far out, you're creating more scrub angle and tyre slip. Basically understeer ing. Full alignment will make it much better. Also I'd suggest going with some camber bolts so that can be adjusted too

1.2 2003 clio
Cheers I'll be taking it in as soon as possible,

I've had them on for a good few days now and today a knocking sound has started when I turn the wheel from one side to another any ideas what could be causing this??