ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steam on cold/wet mornings

Bumder With A Buffer

Ive noticed that my valver has benn quite steamy from the bonnet area on wet mornings. Take it this is normal??? im assuming its just hitting the radiator or dripping onto the manifold???

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

possibly just steam from the condensation/water on the radiator evaporating as the radiator fills with hot coolant.

Bumder With A Buffer

yeah, i seem to notice it when in traffic, obviously cant see it while driving! Just dont notice it on anyone elses car

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have a quick look under the bonnet for leaks and check your coolant level to be on the safe side but i dont think its anything to worry about i just reckon it will be what i said before.

noticed this on mine over last few weeks. tends to be when its damp and foggy you notice most. had loads out of mine today and had a quick scan under bonnet but cant see leaks.

Saw this for the 1st time on my Cup last week. thought it was probably just due to heat / condensation etc, fog on radiator being heated or whatever. decided not to worry as it was a gentle steam rather the rushing out all over the place. did make me stop, think and worry for a few seconds. I recon it is normal. not there at all on dry days.

In a valver its probably just the heat from the manifold turning the water thatll sit in the vent into steam.

Yep, happens with mine too - definatelly just the radiator - had a chck for leaks and couldnt find anything + it usually stops after 5 mins. Shouldnt be a prob.