ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam from exhaust manifold

Audi A4 quattro 2.7
Had a new engine fitted. Now they is steam from the back of the engine. I think it's coming from the exhaust man but my friend said it could be that the engine was on it's side and it's burning oil. I can smell burning. This is just on idle, I am yet to even test drive the car as the gearbox oil is leaking, which might be the driveshaft, but I have no idea at the moment..

What could it be/why would they be steam coming out? Nervous to leave it running as the smoke gets worse

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Keep an eye on it but don't panic as it will be covered in greasy finger prints, oil etc.. You always have to burn something off.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yep. I get this on most oil changes as even a drop spilt onto the back of the block can take a while to burn fully and will have you wondering what you broke.

Audi A4 quattro 2.7
Yep. I get this on most oil changes as even a drop spilt onto the back of the block can take a while to burn fully and will have you wondering what you broke.

Phew! At the moment it's sounding like a tractor... Smokes gone though :D ran it for 20 minutes this morning. My brakes have seized I think though, cars on a hill with no handbrake and doesn't roll anywhere

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, completely normal after engine out.

It's whatever your grubby hands have left on the manifold burning off.