ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth Weight Loss

172 PH1
This is a topic I'm very interested in. I want to save a little weight around the car but still retaining the 'car' feel I.e. I don't want the whole stripped out type lark.

Would love to know people's stealth weight savings around these clio's, so far mine are minor which just consist of bulkhead sound deadening, thick boot sound deadening, and this weekend will be the a/c system.

Target is 50-60 kg :)

Post up your findings chaps :)

Thanks!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Spare wheel, sound deadening, lighter wheels/exhaust.

Have a s**t before you get in? Trackies instead of jeans?

I rarely run with over half a tank. Petrol weighs a lot, so whats the point in having a full tank if youre not using it??

172 PH1
All true.

So so far we have

Engine sound deadening
Boot sound deadening
A/C system
Spare wheel
Took Kit
Lighter exhaust/Wheels

Isnt there a mystery weight under the gearbox mount too? Poss rear wiper motor (not sure if that really weighs very much...)

I was thinking about removing drivers and passenger air bags too...

ALSO a question i was wondering, the doors on these seem f*ckin heavy..... whats the main reason for it? Just metal weight, or is the window motor made from gold or something...??

Monaco 172
as above, maybe ditch rear speakers and upgrade the fronts for better sound.theres small things all over it that you can ditch like acoustic valve - hey it all helps!