ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth subwoofer ideas

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I will be installing a subwoofer in my MK2 Clio.

As my wife will be nugging, i want to make it as stealth and possible. I was thinking of making a undercarpet boot box, one side will be the amp and next to it will be a shallow subwoofer.

My aim is not to go over the rear seats isofix bar.

What else have you done so you do not loose boot space?

Ideas and pictures please.

Thank you

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I have considered that. I believe that they are quite wide though and at £189 it would be no thanks....

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Have you got a cd changer ??

If not they do passive sub and amps that are shallow enough to ho under seats idealy for 2 seater cars

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I will be using a 6Channel Infinity amp. I do not like the underseat ones.

When i will install the amp, all the rest of the speakers will be a lot louder than these.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
spare wheel well?
remove the wheel ( if not a 182) and mesh over it? or equivalent

I thought of that but don't want to loose the spare wheel.

I should have explained better

My Amp is an infinity 6CH one. It is about 60cm long.
I haven't bought a subwoofer yet. Looking at getting a Lanzar DVC 10" which has a mounting depth of 3" approximately.

In my previous clio i had 2 amps wired on the back of the rear seats and a 12" boxed Sub. My problem is that i couldn't use the split function of the seats when i needed it.
Any boxed sub uses a lot of space.

I don't like the underseats subwoofers as they are gutless and the rest of my speakers will produce a lot more sound that these.
Loosing the spare wheel is not an option (Unless i can get a space saver one and ditch the plastic spare wheel tool kit and gain some more space)

I

MK3 GTI golf 16v
seen somewhere someone had put a false back to the passenger footwell (they dont need that much legroom) so like under the dash at passengers feet.

not the best picture, this ones not done great, but you get the idea
6.jpg

LY R26
i have one of those steathboxz things with a sub spare that i took out of my 172, can measure its width if interested?

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I am sure i have seen somewhere in the forum that did exactly what i wanted to do.

As i am very tall and it will be my wifes car, this means i will be the passenger most of the time and i need all the legroom available as i am 6ft 6"

:)