ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth knocking

320d
My ktec stealth is fitted but it knocks when cornering hard or bumps in the road. Its sitting properly on the rubber mounts and if you move it by hand you have to push it up pretty hard to make it knock but it bounces up onto the underbody of the car someimes when you drive it.

Any ideas of how to stop it? Its fine driving normally just when cornering and driving enthusiastically.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I had the same car and exhaust and it always did it unfortunately. :(

Try a set of new mounts.

320d
Bugger. The rear exhaust mount was changed a couple of months ago,i'll try and rig something up or just grin and bear it.

At least it isn't all all the time, just a bit annoying.

Focus RS Mk1
got the same problem, im going to be puttin up pics of my attemtped fix this week,

im aiming to strengthen up the rear rubber mount with some hose and then put a bit of foam on the rear beam protected by some head warp material to stop it burning, that should stop any noises, also going to get rid of the heat shield too.

Check the centre exhaust mount mate, I never bothered replacing mine for ages and I got the occasional knock from the exhaust and it got worse and worse over time. Once I replaced it, it cured it.

320d
I'm going to get under the car and have a look when I get a chance. It only seems to knock in one place. I might just get some rubber and attach it to whatever its knocking on, obviously not so its touching the exhaust because it would just melt, but just so it damps the knocking.

PH1 172 Sport
Centre exhaust mount as said. I strengthened mine by wrapping a few cable ties around it vertically and horizontally.

320d
Centre exhaust mount as said. I strengthened mine by wrapping a few cable ties around it vertically and horizontally.

Think i'll try that actually, thanks mate. The problem is it bounces up, so by making the centre mount more ridgid then it should reduce it.