ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealth by BTB

Clio 172 RS2
Goodbye Cp'n. Crunchy... :eek:
5894600550_85b557322e.jpg
5894600550_85b557322e_z.jpg

Hi BTB Exhaust! :D
5894034149_e8e7888c19.jpg

Clio 172 RS2
Fitment is quality... even with worn-out hangers! New ones ordered but not received yet. :(
Needed the Clio anyway, so will be exchanging them next week.

After grinding the cat. bolts down, removing the old section; mounting the new BTB Exhaust was just a simple bolt on! Took under 1-Hour... :D

Gone is the raspy sound... especially on full song.
Deep burble now, not loud not boomy, just a deep tone backing it up with the punch the F4R delivers.

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That welding is a work of art! Awesome exhausts!

Clio 172 RS2
I find this quite loud and boomy, seems to rattle abit aswell on start up

Rattle? No such thing mate... faulty mounting by you. Mines rocksolid.

Love the extra hanger, takes the weight of the Renault hanger. No sagging in years to come.

Clio 172 RS2
How does that secondary hanger work? Does that come with it?

backbox2.jpg

Comes with it... there's already a drilled plate hanging behind the bumper to which you mount it.

Some say a Supersprint is lighter, i say a extra hanger won't hurt in the long term. ;)

Seat Ibiza
I wanted a Yozza, then after all the new changes was going to wait for Fred's new development, but looking at the quality of that, it looks fantastic.

In two minds now.

Clio 172 RS2
Hi Dan,
Well the stock unit needed replacement and a new stock unit equals the price of the BTB so i made my choice.
Mild Steel O.E.M. or Stainless BTB.

There are loads of non-stealth exhausts... with stealth there are only so much choices.

Don't forget fitment also! ;)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
backbox2.jpg

Comes with it... there's already a drilled plate hanging behind the bumper to which you mount it.

Some say a Supersprint is lighter, i say a extra hanger won't hurt in the long term. ;)

Then all I can say is - I fckin love that.
Want want want.

Seat Ibiza
Hi Dan,
Well the stock unit needed replacement and a new stock unit equals the price of the BTB so i made my choice.
Mild Steel O.E.M. or Stainless BTB.

There are loads of non-stealth exhausts... with stealth there are only so much choices.

Don't forget fitment also! ;)

Mine will need replacing in the near future, and like I say, the quality looks brilliant. Its been said before but I've never seen so many pictures of it!!

Whats it like on the motorway? Much louder than standard?

Clio 172 RS2
Not much louder at cruising speeds (100 - 120 Km/H @ 3.500 rp/m) then stock.

Above these figures it's getting a bit noticeable, but then you almost getting into the sweet spot of the F4R! :p
Gone is the hissing noise of the stock exhaust when booting it... downshift are more fun though!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Any chance of a video to get an idea of the noise? Can't get over the build quality on that!

How does the discount for CS work? Just flash the card?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Thanks. Sounds quite nice to me, quiet idle but gets a nice note up the rev range.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If anyone is interested mine is in the for sale section atm, £275 collected, £290 posted, good condition apart from some scrapes on the centre box from those pesky speed bumps.

225 Cup & Williams
02db9b6e-4c94-2740.jpg

My favourite little touch on this system. Received my brand new system on Friday the build quality is insanely good even the welds are totally flawless.

Clio 172 RS2
Hi Steve O' :eek:

Installed the sytem yet?
(i suggest grind the old cat bolts off with a powertool)
Fitment is spot on.

Better pic of that plate.:
5894034149_e8e7888c19.jpg

As to the welds like a row of pennies!
Perhaps they should have passivated the welds...

225 Cup & Williams
Not yet mate probably won't be fitted until after the year although temptation could set in and it might be fitted next week lol.