ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Std ICE system - does it have a crossover pls ?

Upgraded HU this week. Now looking into getting Hertz or Focal components.

Managed to remove tweeters from the dash without taking the dash top off. Does the standard renault speaker system have any crossovers though ?

1.6 Ford Focus
As said above really, the tweeters seam to have their own sort of crossover.

Here's a pic of mine in my ph1.
Image999-1.gif

Image998-1.gif

Unlikely you can see it in that but theres a sort of capacitor looking device soldered onto the tweeter itself. It is possible to get different crossovers in there but its a pain in the a** crack, the door speakers an tweeters are joined to the same plug, ie. 2 cables from the tweeter and 2 cables from the door speaker joint to the same post on the plug in the back of the head unit.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It is possible..
Either start from scratch with the wiring or splice into the original wiring behind the head unit

1.6 Ford Focus
It is possible..
Either start from scratch with the wiring or splice into the original wiring behind the head unit

That's one way... I have been thinking about this all week.

Due to the way they are wired you could just cut the door speaker and tweeter wires and attach your crossover to the cables that were attached to the tweeters. That way you can wire straight from the crossover to the tweeter and run the door speaker cables down to the door.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Upgraded HU this week. Now looking into getting Hertz or Focal components.

Managed to remove tweeters from the dash without taking the dash top off. Does the standard renault speaker system have any crossovers though ?

Hello AJ9939,

I`m hoping you can think back. I noticed your post where you had changed your tweeters and you said in the post you were able to get to your standard tweeters without removing the dash at all?? Please can you explain to me ??

Thanks for your help!!

Samuel:approve:

ClioSport 172 Cup
Wiring a crossover to the tweeter wires wouldnt work. You need the combined output from the tweeter wires and door speaker to the crossover + and - inputs...obviously somewhere between the head unit and the tweeter/door speaker wires there must be a splitter, the + and - from this needs to connect to the crossover.