ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stav's 106 Rallye

TrackCar & F30 330d
I love this little rallye, very very fast in the hands of stav.

I love the last 3 seconds of the vid, my car sounds amazing ;)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Great little car, always wanted one of these. Shame about the breakdown :( What caused it?

We had the alternator tested and it seems the regulator failed and over powered the starter motor and the battery.

So new alternator, battery and starter, winner!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
awsome car mate, there so good i have 2 lol 16v and 8v ive had a few hot hatchs and just find this much more fun.

Small update time......

Well since the breakdown in Germany we haven't done much to her at all. She pretty much sat out on the drive for the rest of the summer. So for a little inspiration I booked a trackday, sure to lift our spirits and get us in the garage, spanner in hand, ready to fix her.

Firstly we took the starter and the alternator off, we had them tested and was told that the aternator regulator had failed, probably the cause of the melting wires and the starter giving up the ghost.

New starter and alternator purchased and fitted!

Then to look at the wiring......

The Pug garage had made a bit of a mess of things when they were looking for faults, and basically pulled the loom half out and took it to bits too.

So, loom out, and it didn't look good, the wiring from the alternator and the starter was fried, as was the earth from the gearbox to the chasis. We also found out that the loom was not connected up to the car via your normal plug method, but it had been connected using spade connectors. Not the best we thought, so away I went with an aircraft spec plug and some crimping tools.

b5f8ac60.gif

And with a finished product of this...

32906e99.gif

Not the best photos I know, but you can see what I have done
e5007307.gif

Then we had the idea of getting a trailer, rather unexpected really but it does make sense in the long run to have the ability to tow her home just incase something goes wrong again.

So...

2344600-1.gif

Has a cheeky tyre rack too!

Now tonight was a big night, my dad replaced a couple of relays that looked to have had a shock in Germany, and also gave it new fuses, as the Germans seemed to be short of them and stole ours.

Then with crossed fingers he gave her a whirl and she fired first time, JACKPOT!

Not that interesting I know, but it has been a busy few weeks for us and we are chuffed to bits to have her running again.

I shall get a few more pics up of what we have done to her in a few days.

Cheers

Don't think so dude, going to do plenty of UK ones and go again next year.

The Rallye won't go back to Germany to be fair. Rent a racer ftw!

It lives again!

Are you doing Marham this year? Any news on it at all?

Probably not doing Marham this year, the Rallye suffers with the massive straight. I find it quite boring when I have to just sit there at 120mph and watch people go past :(

Not heard much about it at all to be fair though, the guy who used to run it was my boss, now he has moved on and someone else runs it. If I hear anything I will post it up though dude.

Nice project mate, know crossie's car well. Currently building a black S1 with 16v Jp4 power and 1.3 box myself, looking forward to getting it finished in the next couple of weeks.
Russ

Sweet work, I think it's a good combo, the shorter ratio box works really well, except at Marham or the 'ring ;)

You'll have to get some pics up!

Well she made it to her first trackday of the year at Cadwell.

ALX_5100.gif

ALX_4942.gif

ALX_4712.gif

ALX_4486.gif

ALX_4371.gif

ALX_4086.gif

We had a great time even though it was freezing!

Next one booked already, Cadwell again on the 3rd of April.

172 Cup
Nice read

Good to see im surrounded by other 106 Rallye Fans ;), i remember that car off the Rallye Register

Nice car, virtually the same spec as my old one :)

Do you have a 25mm ARB?

DSC_0536k.jpg

I'm afraid I did Feirny, I liked the look of a few so got a disc.

You're at Cadwell on the 3rd aren't you?

Not suree on the ARB, quite sure it's just the OE one though.

Sweet, I'll see you there!

No Stevie, I bought them from the 'official' guy. They were expensive but I liked them.

172 Cup
I'm afraid I did Feirny, I liked the look of a few so got a disc.

You're at Cadwell on the 3rd aren't you?

Not suree on the ARB, quite sure it's just the OE one though.

If you ever come across one i do recommend purchasing one :) You probably have the 24mm ARB off the Gti in yours i think

Looks alot better with the decals on it, looked a bit plain when it didnt have them on

Random update, but I didn't know where to put this picture.

So dad uncovered the Rallye this weekend as it needs a little work before it's ready for Rockingham next month.

It's been sat on the trailer, in the garage since well before Christmas. The window had been left open and the garage is a nice new, dry one. So nothing prepared us for this, lol...

wheel.jpg

I think a new one will be on order soon. But I'll have a look at it and give it clean up.

Another Update.

Since we got the car, we have always wanted to put a cage back in. Since we booked Spa, now seems like a better time than any.

We wanted to put a Safety Devices cage in, as this is what was fitted previously. It would make fitting so much easier too. So I had a quick scan, and quickly found one on Ebay, in Dartford.

So, back in Doncaster...

20120608_094137.jpg

Got the car all emptied, and ready to rock.

20120609_100606.jpg

20120609_100624.jpg

All fitted

20120609_123152.jpg

20120609_123219.jpg

And everything back in place.

20120609_134018.jpg

20120609_134101.jpg

Seats were a bugger to fit once the cage was in. The seats touch the door bars, making it a little tricky, but we got there in the end.

So happy now it's in, I feel safer already. Roll on Spa!!!

182 Trophy #113
By far the best cage for a 106 IMO. Has it got the 1.3 or the GTi box in it? There would be plenty of limiter action in 5th with the 1.3 box!

Sooooo, Spa you say...

Freaking love Eau Rouge and Blanchimont. Cannot wait to go back.

C&C on my driving are more than welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers man.

Spa was awesome. Will definitely be going back next year. At least once.

There were a few Brit Clios going around. Anyone from here?

Another vid, but from a different position. I forgot to play with the light setting things, so it's a bit bright outside. Not the best at all to be fair, but it's only a couple of laps.

Last edited by a moderator: