ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Static...Scence talk

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
for all you clio bummers that don't know,

Jason-Bover-5.jpg

Jason-Bover-3.jpg

Jason-Bover-4-423x600.jpg

Jason-Bover-6.jpg

JBover-1.jpg

Jason-Bover-21.jpg

Jason-Bover-7.jpg

Megane 225 F1
I HATE slammed cars, but that has just made me cream.

Still not sure what "Static" means....

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
LOL nice explanation. I guess it is a fancy term for a permanent lowering i.e. no air.
That was hard. LOL

I absolutely love everything about that.

All this talk of "Clio bummers" and "Turini lovers" is getting fcuking boring now though.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
WTF is with all the 'scenes' around. People create a new scene every 5 mins.

All look f**king crap.

I'm out.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
As fan dabby dosey as taht car looks, I take it that its actully handle like pants?

I can't see how you can have that look, and have a practical drivers car. Which I assume means its all done for looks?

Just thoughts, as I though modding had started to enter the relams of form AND function, but with some of teh new waves it seems not.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I absolutely love everything about that.

All this talk of "Clio bummers" and "Turini lovers" is getting fcuking boring now though.
LOL Love how much it winds you up.
"Static" - Scene kids talk for "Slammed"
Nope.

Static, as in it's on springs or coils. Therefore you set your hieght and thats it, its static. However bags or hydraulics you can ride all the way to the show in 4x4 mode then when you get there you just hit a switch and everyone is like OMG MADE SCENE AAMAAAZZIINN STANCE.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wtf!

It's starting to get on my tits! I seen the same style pictures of cars in the early 00's.

The fact he's lowered it on coils/springs and is now undriveable doesn't make it a scene.

The irony is strong in this one.

Calling us bummers and turini brigade yet every scene car I see is styled the same way every other car from that scene is styled.

So the clios are also part of a scene, it's called the standard scene or the OE scene. Now are we cool enough to be in your gang?

I have no vans trainers though.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Why is it that everyone is these 'scenes' look like do55bags, or skaters, do 'normal' people not modifiy cars in this way? Do you get a free pair of skate shoes, a cap & a tattoo with every purchase of 'get yo lows homies coilovers' ...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
opinions are rife....

scene is just a word... its nothing to get that upset about... why let it bother you all so much

Modifying a car is a culture thing, whether its your first metro, your clio on turini's or a top end merc.... when you go past someone in the street they will think the same, thing whatever you are in

Car culture is just like other cultures, it has sub-cultures... these types of cars fit in one sub-culture, as do clio's in there sub-culture
the same as mountain biking with freeride, downhill, xc etc etc
music, dub-step, jazz, dance etc etc

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
+1

There's people on here that have been into this for years, myself included. But since I own a Clio and some Turinis; I'm a sheep.

Yawn.
How dare you apply modifications that have been done before. How dare you.
Think I might raise the 200 by 60mm, and chuck some 20" wheels on. Start my own sub-culture. Stiltin'.

Lol I don't think it's a hatred of clio's with turinis more a case of people suggesting people fit them whenever anyone asks about mods and suggests that they are THE ONLY wheel you should fit for a Clio to look good. Pretty small minded and frankly wrong. I'd love to see a bit more variation in the wheels people fit to RS Clio's. If I'd not sold mine I'd have switched the 182 wheels out for something different and it would have worked. But as it's gone now that won't be happening.

More poke than viagr
i really dont understand why people get upset and angry about someone modifying their car???

Modifying a car is doing what you want to do, making your car how you want it....if you want it rediculously low, then fair do's, if you want to paint it pearlescent green with viper stripes on it then fair enough as long as your happy. All this talk about "skater boys that look like doo55bags and everyone who has a car like this looks like a knob" is bullshit. If you dont like this sort of car then fair enough, dont like it but f**king grow up and dont start talking taking the piss out of the people that do it......this is where cliosport has to grow up IMO.....This car is too low and looks undrivable so im gonna hate it and take the pi55......speaks volumes really....

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
i really dont understand why people get upset and angry about someone modifying their car???

Modifying a car is doing what you want to do, making your car how you want it....if you want it rediculously low, then fair do's, if you want to paint it pearlescent green with viper stripes on it then fair enough as long as your happy. All this talk about "skater boys that look like doo55bags and everyone who has a car like this looks like a knob" is bullshit. If you dont like this sort of car then fair enough, dont like it but f**king grow up and dont start talking taking the piss out of the people that do it......this is where cliosport has to grow up IMO.....This car is too low and looks undrivable so im gonna hate it and take the pi55......speaks volumes really....

I don't think that's the issue.

When someone posts a picture of a car from this particular culture (for example the Golf R posted in another thread) and someone else states that perhaps it is not for them, the answer they get back is 'You don't understand the scene, go back to your Clio and your Turini's'.
Infact, there are people I know do have a high interest in the whole VAG/Dub/Whatever you want to call it 'scene', just like myself.

I came from a VW background, and therefore have a lot of love for it. However I still beleive that someone with whatever car (Clio included) should be allowed an opinion on a car without the whole 'scene' thing being shoved up their bum 10 times. I don't think people on here are stupid enough to not understand that there are different car cultures, they don't need it explaining.

I post a lot of stuff up here in media, some of it I like some of it I don't. Certainly doesn't do any harm opening peoples eyes to different parts of car culture and other enthusiasts take on a cool car.

I do think a fair few people are blinkered and there can be a mob mentality when it comes to slating the cars. Someone starts it and others who are easily led jump in and make smart arse comments when they might deep down quite like it or simply be indifferent.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The only thing I have an issue with is people thinking that its fresh and cool and totally new and hip to do the scene cars ie 'static' asthough its something only their generation have done, how the hell do they think cars got low before air made it to the UK?

The other one that got me was murdered out, it was totally awesome and completely new. Except it wasn't, its been done before and called stealth, but the new scene name makes it a completely new concept.

The problem is that the kids following the scene at the moment dont recognise its been done before, so if I say 'oh, an audi on coilovers...' I get told I'm only saying it because I dont understand the scene... Of course I fcuking understand it I had a clio with some fancy wheels and sat on the floor 4 years ago!

For me to actually 'wow' it needs to be something I've not seen before not just something with a hip new name.

Car scenes are like music genres pretty much all that can be done has been done so now you get combinations of done before things which are "new". Emo's are goths for the modern age in the same way some of the stance scene can trace it's roots back to lowriders, customs etc with a sprinkling of euro or jdm thrown in.

I dont give a fcuk !

I will mod/not mod my car to how i like it. Couldnt give a sh1t if other people like it or not. Fair play for people being different, not always to my taste. But then my cars have not always been to other peoples taste.......care much !!

It's a Nogaro S Audi. And therefore I should love/bum it.

But it looks broken.

And you knew that was coming Neil lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lmao at this thread..

I remember everyone bumming Fred when he had his super low clio. People on here thought it was the best thing since sliced bread..haha