ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problem! HELP!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Ok, over the last day or two the track car has been a bit iffy when starting. Now it's not starting at all.

Strong turnover
Fuel pump priming
No immobiliser light on dash
No fuel when turning over

I've had the TDC sensor off and gave it a clean but still nothing.

Got a trackday on Monday, so need to get it running ASAP!

Gaz

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I took the end off the fuel rail and fuel comes out when priming but not when turning over.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Ok, so it's a hot problem. The car started first time after being lying for a few hours. Done it last year, too. I'd do a good few laps, come off and turn it off. When I was ready to go back on track, it wouldn't start.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
coolant temp sensor fixed mu cup 172s hot start problem cost 20 quid if that helps

This might sound daft but has it got an engine cover on it? Someone I know had a problem similar and it was to do with the engine cover trapping heat and causing some sort of problem that I can't remember the details of.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
coolant temp sensor fixed mu cup 172s hot start problem cost 20 quid if that helps
I'll grab one tomorrow mate. Thanks.
This might sound daft but has it got an engine cover on it? Someone I know had a problem similar and it was to do with the engine cover trapping heat and causing some sort of problem that I can't remember the details of.
Na mate, been off for a good while, now.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Took the old temp sensor out, went to put the new one in and the b*****d sheared!! What a pain in the arse!! Managed to get the thread out. Had to clean and refit the old one. Also fitted a new TDC sensor. Took the car for a blast and it seems to be ok. Hope that's the last of that problem.

Thanks all.

Clio 182 cup
Just for info if any one is searching for a fix......
Over the past few weeks my 182 cranked over just a little more than usual before it fired up.
Today it wouldn't fire at all, Strong crank, could hear the fuel pump but wouldn't start, not even a splutter.

I had a look on here, found the TDC sensor and prior to disturbing the sensor or connector I tried to start the car with no joy,( probably my 7th attempt)
I gave the TDC connector a wiggle, and the car started straight away. I have cleaned the sensor and connector with IPA and its working for now.

Called Renault for a price of the new sensor with revised connector and new connector patch loom..........£62 inc VAT..... dirty fookers.
I think my problem is more with the engine harness connector and not the sensor.
I'm going to run it for a bit and see how I get on.