ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter turns but engine doesn't.

2005 Clio 182 FF
After changing the engine and clutch I went to turn her over there just to get oil pressure before I run it.

Problem is the starter is turning but the engine isn't cranking.

I've gave the solenoid a tap with a hammer and no luck. Doesn't seem to be the spade connector either as when I remove that it doesn't do a thing. Any ideas?

The starter was fine before the engine was swapped.

2005 Clio 182 FF
Is the engine a good one?

Yes engine is good drove it onto the drive before I took it out. Not seized either, I put it in gear and rocked the car forward.
I have a starter from the other engine that's also good as long as I've had it, so I can swap that just wondering what's causing the issue because I don't want to swap the unless I have to as its a pain in the ass to get at.

2005 Clio 182 FF
Took the starter out there, seems the locating dowel is in the wrong place/hole. Would this cause the problem?
Starter moves free in my hand , moves out and back in freely. Bit of blackening on the earth wires insulation but the earth is good.