ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter fused cable.

Got a wee issue where my positive from my battery touched the exhaust and blew the fuse that's built into the cable, can I do away with the fuse or how do it get a replacement? Anyone know the rating of it as it's not very clear to read.

Cheers

Anyone??

it looks like this

null_zpse18ef67c.jpg

null_zpsb5629f9a.jpg

LY FF182
This happened to my car with a previous owner. They ran a thick wire from posi terminal into a megafuse the join to the original cable.. Does the same thing but looks bulky.. Yeah you need to keep a fuse though! Think it was 125amp, will have to check though

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
120A and officially you have to replace the entire starter cable as Renault will not sell the fused link/crimp on its own.

You could solder the link or just cut it off all together but the link is there for a reason.

LY FF182
Red plastic cover isn't going to help the fuse being blown is it. Changing the whole cable won't be hard once the loom is out the car.. Bit of a ballache to get the loom out though!! Get mick to do it.. He'd love that job :)

not to worry guys .... I have had a red plastic cover the whole time was only off for the picture. problem has been solved, I managed to get a replacement original part from a breaker and made a crimped join in the cable and the cars is back to life, and back on track to being prep'd for its next mod... cheers again :)