ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Start of the OEM+ 172 Cup

Clio 172 cup
So here it is, the start of the OEM+ cup, its quite tidy already but its not perfect. The list ive got down so far is :

1) Belts and depasher need doing
2) wheels need refurbing
3) bother bumpers and bonnet need painting
4) needs new cup badges
5) steering wheel needs retrimming
6) new plates
7) discs and pads all round
8) new tyres

Think thats about it, will add more no doubt. its gonna stay off the road till next year so i can get everything sorted.

thumbnail_IMG_20190830_150835.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20190828_095022.jpg

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Welcome from a fellow standard cup owner

Attachments

• B3FB8497-36BD-422E-A64C-D1E5244FF859.jpeg
    B3FB8497-36BD-422E-A64C-D1E5244FF859.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 188
  Clio 172 cup
I'm really not sure what to do about the soft horrible trim pieces on the dash(as seen) and door handles, has anybody got any suggestions? I have a scrap dci laying around which has hard plastic I could rob off it but would that compromise the oem plus look I want

IMG_20190831_113347.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks a really nice example, and again nice to see one being kept standard (ish).
You could always replace the sticky interior bits while you track down some decent ones, or would maybe a coat or two of plastidip look similar? I’m sure I’ve seen it done somewhere.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
If you are careful you can clean the top of the sticky layer off. Just don’t go too far or you will take the “sparkle” off as well.

Hard non sport plastics are an easier option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 cup
Looks a really nice example, and again nice to see one being kept standard (ish).
You could always replace the sticky interior bits while you track down some decent ones, or would maybe a coat or two of plastidip look similar? I’m sure I’ve seen it done somewhere.
I'll look into this and give it a go cheers

Clio 172 cup
Tiny update, bumpers are off and ready to be prepped for paint, as you can see in the last image there's a small dent on the bonnet so that'll have to be sorted, the front bumper isn't to bad just a load of small stone chips, the back bumper has a few more scuffs where somebody reversed into a pole, luckily enough its got off relativly Scott free.

I plan on going over the front grille and lower grille with some satin black paint and seeing how it looks, on my previous bg 182 I sprayed them gloss black and it did look good but I think full gloss would be too much for the blue.

That's it for now, be painted in the oncoming month along with the wheels , then it'll time for snappy to work his magic on the steering wheel.

IMG_20190903_142437.jpg

IMG_20190903_142421.jpg
IMG_20190903_142406.jpg
IMG_20190903_142513.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Good luck with your journey mate I did the same with mine mechanical and bodywork then got bored and started upgrading stuff !!! It’s amazing now !!!

Clio 172 cup
Good luck with your journey mate I did the same with mine mechanical and bodywork then got bored and started upgrading stuff !!! It’s amazing now !!!
cheers mate, ill get the basics right first and then make a start on the upgrades, not gonna go mental but a few tweaks and ill be happy

Clio 172 Cup
Best way mate that’s how I have approached mine it’s a fine balance but you have got a good base right there

Clio 172 cup
Update: bumpers are painted and will be refitted Monday, the grilles, the fog light plastics and the rear bumper insert have had a couple of coats of satin the black just to brighten it up.

New set of 3/4 plates have been ordered and also I have bought some new fog lights as the current ones were a bit tired

IMG_20190914_111643.jpg
IMG_20190914_111638.jpg
IMG_20190912_160808.jpg

Clio 172 cup
Just need to add the splitter, washer blanks and plates when they arrive and it's ready to go into its home.

For the record the non genuine fog lights are spot on, I wasn't paying 55 plus vat each for genuine ones so I bought some non geniunes ones off renparts for 40 quid for the pair.

IMG_20190916_114851.jpg

Clio 172 cup
The cup will probably be for sale next year after the belts are done, did the track taster at oulton at the pistonheads Saturday service meet and its fair to say I've caught the track bug and my cup is too nice to turn into a track car

Clio 172 cup
Got the cup out today, forgot how stunning they are, still needs a few bits like the steering wheel refurb and some inteiror pieces but that's probably going to be on hold till next year with birthdays and Christmas round the corner.

Still not sure the grand plan with it, I do fancy doing some track days but just don't want to ruin it

IMG_20191005_124356.jpg