ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star trail try out

clio 182FF
Hi everyone,

tried a star trail thing last night and got the results shown here. Was quite pleased with it for my first ever attempt but would ask for any advice people might be able to give to improve the outcome or tips they have found.

I used just the kit lens on a canon 550d at 18mm and the photo is around 200 photos with an 8 second exposure. Believe the f stop was around 3.5 and think iso was 800.

I used the software recommended in the guide on here to put them together and I must say that that particular guide was a great help so thank you to whoever wrote that :) (not sure who it is right now)

anyway any comments or advice are welcome

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 65

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good to me! In the right location that could be a brilliant shot.

Star trails is something I’m yet to try, If I get anything half as good as that on a first attempt I’ll be pleased!

clio 182FF
Looks good to me! In the right location that could be a brilliant shot.

Star trails is something I’m yet to try, If I get anything half as good as that on a first attempt I’ll be pleased!

Thanks! I think i would say just go for it, i noticed some one else had said that as a single shot the scene looked pretty average at best and i found mine was somewhat like that. But i stuck with it and gave it a try and i was surprised that the outcome was actually a lot better than how the original image made it look like!

Think the lens did alright for what it was but getting a canon 15-85 f3.5-5.6 tomorrow, hoping its going to get some sharper shots plus the extra few mm wide angle and extra zoom is sure to come in handy and be a great all round lens.... i hope! Anyone with experience of this one?