ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standing for a year,Williams coming back on the road.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe this thread is happening, awesome news.

A bit of inspiration for you...

188142822_xiAqE-L.jpg

i'm mulleted in the passenger seat there....proper emotional

Vee dub
A few memorable quotes:

"it's not that quick now is it" *after a Tucks boot*

"it's a bit dirty maaaaaaate"

BMW E46 330i Touring
Best thread on here for months, I'd genuinely thought DUF had been resigned to second place behind Meridian.

I'm bringing my polisher...

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Good to see it back up and running mate :D

DUF at the very first airfield meet:

DSC00018_filtered.jpg

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I like this..its more of a DuF 'love in' rather than a project at the moment.

1st shot at the MOT within the next 2 weeks,I need to pop and get a new battery as the one in its not holding the charge well. Tragicly found this out when I stalled it out in the field,then needing 'recovery'
car067.jpg

Spoke to someone at Longlife exhausts about sorting a cat out for the system that used to be on it-the loud one.So aiming to fit that into the budget along the line now.
Il look into some new Williams decals..seems only right if we are going to give it a full on shine up......

BMW E46 330i Touring
Genuinely excited.

FFS @ requesting recovery and your Dad turning up with 2 cows and some rope.

Vee dub
Duf is far too cool to be machine polished.......

Sorry mate..... this job's mine ;)

My polisher doesn't work on mk1's

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
you 2 can both stand back and watch as i golden shower the duf, not as a mark of disrespect but it is well known that wurzels wee is pure carnuba

BMW E46 330i Touring
W.T.F...

You'll never be Wurzel to anyone else than your Max Power buddies - what's become of you!?!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've already banned you from my heart... if only you'd get out of my head. :(

Aaaaanyway, I really shouldn't spam SW'ers threads anymore; it's frowned upon.

Vee dub
in my heart of hearts - i know it could be game over for this thread. I refuse to accept this.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Update.
I was genuinely gored by a bullock at work straight after I started this. Been busy over the last week though.

M.O.T-Done. Shes back on the road. Obscurely it went straight through-obviously driving around a field is the way forward.
Ive ordered some paint,and new decals all round for later on. My firstr job is to take off the exhaust thats on it and do somthing about the ground clearance,I bodged together the cat and system thats there at the moment,it does the business mot wise,but hangs way too low for my lane.
008.jpg

Ive got a new standard valver system,which im going to add the extra williams hanger on (just behind the cat) and ive made up a link pipe as I have the very early predator stianless manifold which wont line up with a standard cat.
011.jpg

Shouls all come together nicely and give me less earache than the straight through system I used to run with and still have here.....but im over that now! lol

Next up is the scuttle under the front windscreen:
010.jpg

Its very faded,so thats coming off for a respray in black.Its making the front look very tired at the moment.
Just for the moment aswell im giving the car a quick polish...just a once over and not a full on detail yet! thats a way off.But il take the trim off and tidy that up too.
009.jpg

Only drove it to the MOT station and back,but even with that....after so long,it made me chuckle. The noise! lol
Watch this space....im back on it now.

Vee dub
Back on it after a prosthetic arm being fitted is commitment mate! She's looking good.

Nice work on getting the mate to do your MOT!

She'll be reet as rain soon.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I have no problem cleaning with one arm - poor excuse.

Good update though, glad to see her progressing.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Windscreen/bonnet scuttle is now sprayed and waiting to dry now,that will go back on tomorrow. Have been touching up the paint all round over the last week,pics @ the weekend though,as Polishing cant happen till then! Exhaust is off and the new standard system will be going on before then. Just have to modify the hangers (williams has a extra one.)
DuF wasnt ticking over too smoothly when I picked it up after the mot (thats the only time its been on the road since I started this again) so I have just fitted a new dizzy cap and rotor arm.....the old parts looked fooked tbh,so this should help.
car0013.jpg

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
" Wurzel " could you stop ruining my thread please.
New pics over the weekend to come. New decals are on,as is the scuttle. All the bumpstrips have been relaqured and are black again now and not light grey. Standard de-catted exhaust goes on tonight.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Heres the scuttle,repainted and refitted. Simple enough to do,but has made a nice difference:

ImportedPhotos00000.jpg

Exhaust is now on aswell,not road tested yet but it sounded sweet enough on tickover. Its a standard copy part(a cheapy) valver system,Home made de-cat pipe and stainless tubular manifold.

Heres the extra williams Hanger I had to weld on:

ImportedPhotos00001.jpg

as far as I can tell,thats the only real difference between that and having a williams standard part. Was going to be hard to get a copy williams system at a sensible price without going to a dealer,so I went down this route.