ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Renault CD-Changer

I was browsing through the clio brochure and saw the option packs available for the dynamique range. I noticed that the picture of the CD-changer was made by Alpine.

Is this correct?

Can other HUs interface with it easily?

never looked at mine under the seat but its not unusual for manufacturers to use equipment made by other companies in their cars, but most of the time they are bespoke units which arent compatible with the rest of the range so you might not be able to just buy a changer by that manufacturers and fit it as their may be physical or software differences

Dave,

Was told by my dealer that changers fitted on-line are Alpines, whereas those retro-fitted at dealers are VDO-Dayton!

How the hell do they get that to work?

Decided to stick with in-dash single disc and perhaps upgrade at later date - changers no longer standard on 172s.

'18 Megane dci

Righto, im using a Sony MP30 at the moment, about to fit 4 Alpine SPR 134As tommorrow afternoon, should sound a bit different, im also using my 5 year old Sony joystick with it! First time ive ever used it!

'18 Megane dci

Im guessing the Renault head units can cope with a few manufacturers changers, so the individual dealers can shop around! (probably just the connection to the head unit that is a renault standard)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes the 6cd changer on the 172 is an alpine unit.. i dont know about compatibilty though..