ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard rear camber

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All

I have searched plenty of times yet can't seem to find a concrete answer. There are lots of contradicting answers... What's the STANDARD rear camber on a ph2 172 cup? I have got rear shims in both -1 and -2, wondering which to fit for the track but occasional road driving.

Also, I've heard it's possible to get almost -3 at the front with camber bolts, I have got -1.5 at the moment but want more. Anyone got experience with this?

thanks
Rhys

Cup In bits
Some say 1 deg but most of the hunter printouts I have seen were 0.7 deg standard, printouts were not for cups iirc though so may be slightly more on them.

172 Race Car
Beams are made of chesse, need to measure your actual car to know. Weve had to put different shims on either side to get it right before

Eh I'm not sure what machine!

All the guy does is geometry set up and he's top notch, he's got single unit with his machine and he's always busy

Ill look at the sheet tonight and see if it says!

Why interesting lol?

Cup In bits
Quite a bit of standard camber and it doesn't look like its because your beam is bent as camber/toe are equal each side. I'm trying to decide on shims just now, I really need my beam checked before hand though.

The 172 cup specific renault pdf I have says says -1 deg 30' +/- 20' rear and -0 deg 30' +/- 30' front as standard.

Or in layman's terms -1.5 deg rear and -0.5 deg front.

I have a print out from my geo setup somewhere I'll root it out.

Just looked through some other pdfs.

All 1*2s have -1.5 deg rear camber.

But front is -1 for ph1, -0.5 for 172 ph2 inc cup and 182. But -0.75 deg for 182 cup/cup packed.

I don't know i the ph1 value is a typo?

Last edited:
  172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll try the -2 first and see how it goes. The -1 shims I have are also 10mm spacers so am a bit cautious about using these... it's very close to the arch (ET43 though)