ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard or Modified? Ethical dilema

Megane R26 F1 #1931
I keep having mixed thoughts....

I upgraded from my trusty clio 1.2 to a 182 cup in january. Before i started looking, i decided my 182 had to be completely standard and in mind condition. After six long months of searching, i finally brought the car i had always been looking for which was completely standard even to the finest detail.

Nice story, now a problem. Six months on and i am gettin a sudden urge to modify. I am already looking at Yozza exhausts and bucket seats with a view to an awful lot more in the future. But does this go against my principle of keeping it standard?

Any thoughts or advice?

Do it. Its not like its a rare car that will be worth something in many years time. Have some fun with it and mod it (aslong as they're not gay mods that will ruin the car).

DCi 100
I wouldn't call getting a yoz something much of a big deal, keep the old exhaust wrapped up in the garage and swap them over if you come to sell.

Not sure on bucket seats though.

Yeah the exhaust isn't much of a mod. The OEM ones are expensive bits of cheese so lots seem to be rolling with aftermarket ones anyway.

172cup
I wouldn't call getting a yoz something much of a big deal, keep the old exhaust wrapped up in the garage and swap them over if you come to sell.

Not sure on bucket seats though.

get some recaros, they re a good compromise and you'll be able to swap/sell it in a blink of an eye.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I cant see how thats an ethical dilema in the slightest.

Its not like you're planning on modifying the Trophy, which iirc was made by 18 yr old female French virgins fed only on a diet of unicorn blood & fillet steak. Playing with one is similar to f*cking your mum tbh.

Listerine & Poledo
Yeah the exhaust isn't much of a mod. The OEM ones are expensive bits of cheese so lots seem to be rolling with aftermarket ones anyway.

True, OEM exhaust is a sod.
When my current one dies I'll be getting a stainless-steel one, but not one which sounds like it's already blowing

Listerine & Poledo
Its not like you're planning on modifying the Trophy, which iirc was made by 18 yr old female French virgins fed only on a diet of unicorn blood & fillet steak. Playing with one is similar to f*cking your mum tbh.

Amen!

172cup
I cant see how thats an ethical dilema in the slightest.

LOL you know a Trophy is a f**king red 182 with sachs shocks