ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard HU + MP3 changer?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
After reading some old threads via search, i'm left confused.

Is it possible to connect a MP3 CD changer to the standard tunerlist HU in my 182?

I've read that 182s came with either an alpine or a VDO Dayton (one of which apparently does play MP3s?)
Currently I've only got the standard VDO changer that only reads audio CDs.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It'd be much easier and cheaper to get a lead that lets you use a memory stick, you can have 100's of mp3 albums then.

I went with the connects 2 solution on the standard HU, not cheap but works great, charges the ipod, and skips songs from the steering wheel controls. I have the ipod on shuffle and just skip a song if i dont like what comes on. Think you can set up play lists on the ipod but i haven't bothered.

http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=27&manID=225&modID=510

you need an adapter for it to charge the newer ipods/iphones, about £60 for the unit and the adapter.

Rich

Clio200 EDC Lux
have you thought about the renault tunepoint thing? u can plug in ipod, usb stick, hard drive etc. I have one in mine and use a 16gb stick works a treat.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I have considered the ipod/mp3 player route, but i'd prefer a changer. It's just hassle having to take my ipod everytime i go for a drive.

A memory stick would be my next option if i can't get a changer.
Is there any decent alternatives to tunepoint for a USB stick or is it the best one?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
tunepoints are really good with usb sticks, i doubt i'll ever use an ipod with it to be honest now.

What I like about the usb connection is it treats it just like the changer, so use the next cd button on the steering controls and it just skips to the next folder like it would the next cd - just like having a mahooosive cd caddy :)