ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Headunit Fault?

BMW Z4
Hi Guys,

Trying to fit my standard headunit back in my car i have the code and instructions on how to do this from the manual the only problem i have is on the dash display pressing the power button should display 'CODE' followed by 0000 and then you insert the code, mine however just shows the time and nothing else. I can hear the cd player making noises and it beeps now and again when pressing random buttons but i cant see anything to enter the code. Am i missing something?

HELP:(

​Thanks.

BMW Z4
when i press the power button i can hear the headunit making a powering up noise but again nothing displays and yeah connected the stock control plug.

That sounds odd, when was the last time you has a stereo in using the clock display? Might be worth asking someone local to you if you can try it in their's. What happens if you attempt to put a cd in at after its powered up?

BMW Z4
The standard one has been out the car around 4 years and the non standard one has always just shown the time and thats all. When i enter a cd it takes it in and like i said i can hear it doing something but then no sound or anything is played from it. its like a display cable hasn't been plugged in or something.

As said sounds like you haven't plugged in the little yellow plug that connects it to the display/stalk.
The CD changer plug is the same size and plugs in right next to it.
The two bigger blocks will be giving it power, but you won't be able to see anything on the display.

BMW Z4
I dont have the cd changer no. I have connected it but is there a possibility that ive connected it to the cd changer port instead of the stock port or do they not fit?