ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard head unit stalk controls not working

Cliosport 172
Hi All

basically when i bought the car (mk2 172) i plummed my kenwood HU whilst doing this i came across a small connector maybe 5mm across which i thought was for the stalk controls but paid it no mind as i knew the head unit wouldn't work with it, anyway said HU decided to give up the ghost and stop working so i've plummed the oem unit back in but can't see where the stalk control shoud connect to as the only sockets on the back of the unit are alot bigger than the connector? Is something missing like an adaptor etc

cheers in advance guys

hes on about the standard one,the little yellow plug goes straight into the side nearest the edge of the radio,left hand side as you look at it from the front

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The correct answer is.................... the small yellow and blue plugs go in the last row of the connector block on the back of the set, you probably tucked them up out of the way when you fitted the Kenwood

Snap Matt trev !!!

Cliosport 172
nice one guys i'll whip it out again when i get outta work. On a side note i'm quite impressed with the sound quality you get from the standard system not as good as the kenny but hey its a phillips!!

Cliosport 172
sorry just read my post again "i'll whip it out" i meant the stereo before anyone says anything lol

Cliosport 172
right i've had it back out again and can see where to connect it i just can't find the plug now!! Do you know if its meant to be loomed in with the rest of the stereo wires or if it's on it's own? also if i remember right the plug i saw originally wasn't big enough to go in that socket so not sure where it is

its not wired in the same loom until deep inside and you wont reach it.it should be behind the dash somewhere,have a good rummage.lol.
the 3rd block is 3 times the size of the yellow plug because there are 3 different blocks that go in that plug all at the same time.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
BrianR beat you :rasp:

:lolup: Only because I gave a longer and more comprehensive answer, Ill get you next time ;)

Boosta,
You can just see the yellow connector hiding behind the wires on the right of this pic, the blue one is the disc changer connection, the yellow one is similar in size, just one row of pins shorter.

block.jpg

Cliosport 172
oh dear must be broken then because i've got the yellow connector plugged in, i thought it was the blue one as i don't have a changer:(
thanks for your help guys

Cliosport 172
Cheers edde, i tried the hold 2 + 5 to set which car the set will be used in but that hasn't sorted and now the set cuts the music every 5 secs and beeps at me ? any ideas how to stop it doing that i've tried powering it down and disconnecting the batt but no joy?

Cheers edde, i tried the hold 2 + 5 to set which car the set will be used in but that hasn't sorted and now the set cuts the music every 5 secs and beeps at me ? any ideas how to stop it doing that i've tried powering it down and disconnecting the batt but no joy?

I'd try unplug speakers maybe a crossed connection thats unusual though.

Cliosport 172
i've stopped it beepin i think by holding down 2 + 5 when in advanced mode it then asked for the code, once i'd entered it i got the country selection come up on the screen then something called curve? but no car selection any ideas what curve is?