ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Head Unit 'Rattling' Sound?

Hi guys.

I've kept the standard head unit in my 172. But recently there is an annoying rattling sound that I hear when I tund the unit on or off, as well as when I eject a CD.

I've also noticed that from time to time it seems unable to eject the CD.

Is it nailed?

1.2 16v (Race Spec)
Mine does exactly the same!!! Really annoying, mines got to the point where its touch and go as to whether it recognises the CD or not, most of the time it spits it out.
Think it's time I bought an uprated HU!!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to tell you ur radios r soon going to fail ive seen a lot of standard ones do this rattle sound and they dont last long after this sound starts time for an upgrade i say
;-)

Golf GTI 1.8T
:eek: mine dont wanna!! it makes that sound but still works fine atm, got it off ebay:eek:

Thanx for the advice guys. I think I gonna maybe replace it with an new HU. But I've heard that to get the steering wheel controls and the central display (the one with the temperature etc) to work can be a total gig.

Is it true that you have to take the dashboard off? I don't like the sound of that at all.

1.6 focus zetec....
I believe you can just get different connectors and the excisting plugs wil go in there....not sure tho m8