ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Exhuast sounding loud

Black 172 ph2
Hey Guys,

I have had a recent problem with my exhuast system on my 172.

Basically, the old backbox baffle had become loose making the backbox blow and sound rough. I have now had this replaced with a new standard backbox however the exhuast system is still fairly loud. the rest of teh system looks fine and there are no leaks in the system.

Any ideas what this can be?

Cheers,
Chris

Black 172 ph2
I got it replaced at a local garage. Its just really annoying me, so much im tempted to fork out for a genuine Renault backbox if thats the case!!!

C

Cupster

Was gonna say, probably not replaced with a Renault item which is the problem!

Audi S1
I wished my standard exhaust was loud... thats the whole reason i got a different exhaust... i wanted it 2 sound a lil sporty:( my bro in law has a standard and his is almost the same as my magnex

Arctic blue 182ff
seriously, how long have you had the new one on? give it a chance to get caked up inside

Black 172 ph2
I had it for a good couple of months now and it is slowly getting louder rather than quieter! Any ideas?

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
Yeah it's the opposite of what you would think... when your exhaust, gets coke'd up it actually gets quieter