ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard exhaust vs custom

cliosport 182
hi all,

i have a clio 182 and the exhaust is on its way out. i am wondering is it worth replacing with a dealer part or buying a custom / after market one? i dont really want one thats two loud thats why i was thinking of a dealer part.

all comments welcome?

thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Can't really think of a quiet 182 system, Janspeed is about the quietest i've heard. Depends on what you want? I run a O.E system on my 172 Cup as i hate droney/loud systems

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Custom mate, it wont rot and can be made to how you want, mines noy much louder than standard

182 has now gone!
I went from a standard system to a magnex then recently got a milltek.. Neither of them are that loud, obv slightly than a standard one..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Milltek was OK for me on my 182, however, it fitted badly.

clio sport 182
Never mind the noise........I can't believe the prices !!! My other half's 182 exhaust is knocking on deaths door aswell.Been lookin on ebay etc and they are so expensive.Over the last 10ish years I have owned modded V6 cars and haven't paid anywhere near that for an exhaust !! Anyone know anywhere that prices are reasonable ????

monaco 172
Never mind the noise........I can't believe the prices !!! My other half's 182 exhaust is knocking on deaths door aswell.Been lookin on ebay etc and they are so expensive.Over the last 10ish years I have owned modded V6 cars and haven't paid anywhere near that for an exhaust !! Anyone know anywhere that prices are reasonable ????

Stock backbox is about 800 from Renault last time I looked. Most full cat back systems are only about 350, and as said milteks aren't that loud and don't rot as fast as standard. I rang a local parts place and they said 600 for a replica of a genuine. Plus youl get an extra 3 bhp from an aftermarket lol woo.

.......Anyone know anywhere that prices are reasonable ????

....and/or quiet (for the OP).

Before I bought my Yozzasport the local garage offered me one from a factors (Dingbro up here in Scotland). It was £191 all in and I saw a fax of it which showed it to be a two-parter with a Renault twin back-box stylee.

I didn't look into it any further (manufacturer/diameter/tail pipes/warranty etc.) because I then committed to the Yozzasport.

This might suit some.

Black 182 FF
My Scorpion 192 isn't much louder than standard - it's a bit deeper, but that's all.

Think they're about £350 new, but some of us paid £295 delivered in a group buy on here - so it's worth keeping an eye on current group buys as they normally offer a substantial saving.

soon to be 172
i have always prefered a standard exhaust. The look of a massive pipe (normally oval) hanging out the back looks terrible. although im all for the stealth system.

Black 182 FF
i have always prefered a standard exhaust. The look of a massive pipe (normally oval) hanging out the back looks terrible. although im all for the stealth system.

I agree, but then again that's why I'm so happy with my 192 Scorpion. Obviously it is a bit bigger at the back, however it probably doesn't stick out more than the original, plus it's actually slashed to fit in with the cut of the bumper, which the original isnt (or at least not as well)

Not the best pics.

th_Photo0093.jpg

th_Photo0094.jpg
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu194/perryqhill/?action=view&current=Photo0094.jpg&newest=1

euro'd clio!!!!
renault= £600
k-tec/janspeed= £323 its not really alot louder either you only hear it when u put your foot down

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
that can be easily adjusted mate just before the backboxes

No, mine was massively wrong. The whole system seemed jigged about 10mm out. All mounts needed forcing into place! The BTB i replaced that with fitted like a dream