ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard Clio cat 1 alarm what is it

Ford Fiesta

could anyone tell me what make/model the standard cat 1 alarm is what Renault use from standard or when upgrading to cat 1 systems?
e.g Toad, Cobra etc?

Hi,

I spoke to my local renault dealers asking about having an alarm fitted to an import 172, and they told me that I would need a Renault Cobra 7895, which, with parts and fitting labour, would be £501.xx.

Whether the Cobra 7895 is the actual one fitted by renault as standard, they didnt say...

Hope this helps,

Face

Ford Fiesta

thanks. Well I just wondered as Ive ordered an upgrade from cat 2 to cat 1 from my renault dealor before I take delivery in a few weeks. £300 fitted using standard key fob.
They also charge £300 to add 6 disc changer.
£200 for diamond brite paint and fabric protection. (Like a permanent wax protector that keeps paint looking better and means you dont have to polish as often) These are justsome of the options they wee offering.
Also £1500 for sat nav.
p.s whats the mobile phone equipment which is an option?

I cant seem to find the details of this Cobra 7895.

We are not sure what to get on ours (delivery hopefully 2 weeks). Seen the Clifford Concept 300 for £300 but doesnt seem to read well from peoples experiences.

Anyone know a website with the 7895 in it ?

Cheers

Simon

Megane R26

The Cobra 7895 is the cat 2 to cat 1 upgrade shown in the Clio accessories brochure, The alarm itself was £143, and it cost me including fitting and vat £297.28 The dealer telling you
£500 is taking the P**s. The Renault part number is 7711219272.

Hope this helps

Rick

You say its the upgrade. Our car is an import and thus doesnt have an alarm at all.

What would people suggest is the best to go for ?

Thanks

Lionel Richie

dont get the 6 disc changer from renault, especially for £300 you could get a headunit+changer that looks and sounds 10x better than the Renault stuff

Megane R26

As an import it comes with a Cat 2 immobiliser as standard, the upgrade using the original key fob gives you a Cat 1 alarm. My car is an import from Belgium so I know this to be true.

Rick