ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 182 power

Clio 182 turbo
I have recently just swapped my 172 for a 182 non cup and it is currently still in the garage getting a good service and some other parts added. I am getting it dyno'd when it is standard as it will be a project I was just wondering what what bhp would be like at fly and wheel also what the torque would be like?
Thanks josh

Decent one should run between 165bhp & 177bhp at the flywheel ime.

Low 160's or below = you have minor problems somwhere or its worn.

They vary so much its hard to judge really what they will make...

Clio 182 turbo
Thanks for that. And with a air filter and decat/ exhaust will only add 3-5bhp and would it benefit from remap? If so would the gains change thanks

Clio 182 turbo
Cheers for that its getting a scorpion srn019 with decat and a filter and be getting mapped on Thursday so will let you no what she makes

Bug

Megane rs250
My standard 182 made 169.2bhp 139.6 lb ft
That was with my exhaust loose so not too bad

BG 182 FF
My 182 with only a Milltek (decat) and induction, NO REMAP has just made 188BHP @ the flywheel today have been told its a freak of an engine as they normally make way bellow this power....

BG 182 FF
ktecs new RR in Blanford, others I've seen are a itb clio 182 made 195.6@ the fly currently on there FB posted today, mine was running a standard map, i don't have the car back yet as mines in for 438 cams and service but when i get it back or they post it online ill link the graph.

Im not figure chasing, I'm more interested in the drivability of the car.

Ben

Clio 182 turbo
Had it remaped today on the RR it made 185 at fly and made 166 at wheels
With 172lb torque

BG 182 FF
My final figures with 438's, milltek & decat and induction where: 198.5 Bhp & 171.5 lbft drivability is massively changed though.

BG 182 FF
The in gear go/pull is a lot more noticeable especially higher up the revs, also very noticeable atm is the immediate get up and go when pulling away, plus the acceleration is so smooth and really very rapid indeed! I only picked it up last night so will do some driving over the weekend but first impressions are top notch well worth the upgrade! A added bonus for me is I'm getting 35mpg when before I was only getting around 32 !!

Ben