ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 182 - power flex dogbone or OE

Clio 197
Hi,
I have some engine , gearbox movement when backing off the throttle which leads me to believe my dogbone is shot.

Threads about the power flex inserts all seem to mention increased noise & vibration. My 182 is my daily and not a track car, is it worth going uprated or should I stick to OE?

monaco 172
I'd go for power flex mate, made no extra vibrations to my car and it just feels a tad stiffer.

Just make sure you fit it right, some people put the smaller bush in the wrong way round which causes extra strain and vibrations

Clio 197
Thanks for the input , I have seen the guide on here too so will follow that to the letter.

Did you fit yours yourself ?

monaco 172
yeh really easy job.

hardest part i found was pressing the old bushes out. I dont have a vice to press them so i just ended up burning them out after half an hour trying to bash em out with a hammer

the new powerflex pushed in nice and easy.

PH1 Track Car
More than happy with my powerflex. Added a slight bit extra vibration through the stick and car but nothing to worry about. But changed the feel a fair bit.